What should I do if I think a child is at risk?

If a child is in immediate danger, call 999. If you think a child is at risk, contact the children’s social care team at their local council or call your local police on 101.

You should also tell the Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) at the child’s school. You can find out who this is in the school’s safeguarding policy, which must be on their website.

If contacting the Designated Safeguarding Governor or the Chair of Governors, all of whose contact numbers should be available on the school’s website or in the school’s safeguarding policy.

If the safeguarding policy is not on the school’s website, or the DSL is not named in the policy, you should let us know at concerns@isi.net.

Related FAQs

How do I raise a concern?

If you wish to raise a concern with ISI about a school, you can email concerns@isi.net All such communications are confidential and will not... Read more