Code of Conduct for Inspectors
Inspectors are required to adhere to the Code of Conduct set out in the Inspection Framework. They should uphold the highest professional standards in relation to all who are involved in the process before, during and after the inspection.
The ISI Code of Conduct requires that inspectors:
- carry out their work with professionalism, integrity and courtesy;
- evaluate the work of the school objectively and impartially;report fairly and without favour;
- base all evaluations on clear and secure evidence;
- communicate sensitively, clearly and objectively at all times;
- act in the best interests of the pupils at the school;
- respect the confidentiality of information received and judgements made before, during and after the inspection;
- declare all actual and perceived conflicts of interest;
- at all times adhere to the requirements outlined in the Inspection Handbooks and associated guidance, including this Code of Conduct;
- pay close regard to and prioritise legal requirements for safeguarding the welfare of children;
- only use their title in relation to work conducted for ISI.