Early Years Team Inspector Training
Early Years Team Inspectors accompany Early Years Co-ordinating Inspectors who specialise in inspection of settings for children under the age of two.
- Currently working in an Association school inspected by ISI
- Intend to continue working in an Association school for at least another four years
- Have qualified teacher status (desirable)
- Have experience of working in two or more schools in the last ten years (desirable)
- Have experience as a governor of an independent school (desirable)
- A good knowledge of the EYFS Statutory Framework
- Ability to analyse, gather, record and use evidence to make sound judgements
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including report writing
- Competent user of standard software applications including Microsoft Office
- Availability and willingness to undertake travel to locations across the UK
Due to the nature of ISI’s work successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced level Disclosure and Barring Service check (at the candidate’s expense). Other recruitment checks, including references, will also be completed in advance of training and deployment.
After successfully meeting the training requirements, trainees will be assigned to an inspection team as a full team member with probationary status. Early Years Team Inspectors are expected to undertake at least one inspection per year and will be required to complete update training, and they are also expected to keep abreast of developments and information released by ISI.
Fees for the training will be covered by ISI and trainees are expected to meet the costs for any accommodation and travel required. An honorarium is paid for each inspection, plus expenses.