British schools overseas
ISI is the largest of the three inspectorates approved by the Department for Education to inspect British Schools Overseas (BSO).
BSO is a voluntary accreditation scheme run by the British government for schools outside the UK who teach a British curriculum. BSO schools are inspected against very similar standards to those used for independent schools in England. These are called the Independent Schools Standards Regulations and have been established and set by the Department for Education.
We have experience in inspecting and supporting British-curriculum schools in over 50 countries around the world.
To stay accredited a school must have an inspection every three years, and the inspection must show that its performance meets all the standards.
Our BSO inspections:
- report on the extent to which the BSO standards are met, and the quality of education in terms of outcomes for pupils
- report on the distinctiveness of each school and how well it fulfils its aims
- report on whether there is evidence that local requirements are being met and will comment on any evidence to the contrary
- take account of any self-evaluation by the school
- provide objective and reliable inspection reports which help schools to build on their strengths and to identify any development areas.
To request more information or schedule an inspection please email: BSOfirstname.lastname@example.org
Location of schools currently accredited by ISI: