What We Do
Our main work streams include:
– inspecting and monitoring the educational, boarding care and early years provision of association independent schools against standards set by the government and publishing reliable objective reports
– evaluating the educational provision of association schools against the ISI inspection framework agreed with stakeholders
– provision of educational oversight for PFE colleges who are or seek to become Tier 4 sponsors, through inspection against our published standards
– inspecting BSOs against standards set by government of England, under a voluntary BSO accreditation scheme
– partnership with statutory agencies towards our mutual goal of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The safety of children and young people is at the heart of all our work.
– promoting compliance in the independent education sector through publication of extensive guidance and regular advice and updates for our stakeholders to promote thorough, common understanding of requirements
– sharing our expertise through our consultancy business
– using our independent voice, to share lessons drawn from inspection experience with the UK government through our responses to formal consultations and routine contact.
Learn more about